CBD oil has risen in popularity over the past couple of years with its increased availability across the world. But did you know CBD oil is not the only effective way to add CBD to your diet?
CBD comes in many forms. With products ranging from edibles, oils, capsules, and vape liquids, there is an effective and convenient option for everyone. The method of consumption you choose is largely down to personal preference but each method offers its own individual benefits too. By educating yourself about the options available you can find a CBD product that meets your needs and your lifestyle. In this article, we break down 5 effective ways to take CBD, so you can decide which is best for you.
What is CBD (Cannabidiol)?
First, a brief introduction to CBD and the endocannabinoid system (ECS).
CBD is the abbreviation for cannabidiol, one of the many cannabinoids, or chemical compounds, found in cannabis and hemp. While beneficial for wellbeing, CBD doesn’t have the psychoactive properties of it’s more famous cousin THC. Even at high doses CBD will not get you high and it’s safe for all the family to use on a regular basis.
CBD is a wonder of health and wellness because of its powerful interaction with the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS regulates many vital functions within the body including; mood, appetite, sleep, hormone production, and even stress and immune system responses. CBD has been shown to positively interact with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) to maintain balance and promote good health.
Methods of consuming CBD
As we have explained, there are many effective ways to take CBD. At Love Hemp we offer a wide selection of high-quality CBD products, for example, CBD cigarettes, because we know everyone is unique. This choice gives our customers flexibility so they can find a CBD product that is not only effective, but also fits into their lifestyle.
First up, CBD oil. CBD oil is probably the most popular way of consuming CBD. It is taken by placing drops under the tongue (Sublingual administration). CBD oils come in many strengths and variations, so it offers a wide choice when it comes to your dosing needs.
- CBD oil administered sublingually ensures quick absorption through the mucus glands. This means you able to experience the positive CBD effects on your health and general wellbeing more quickly than other methods.
- There is a lot more flexibility when dosing, using CBD oil, compared to some other methods.
- CBD oil is one of the most cost effective ways of consuming CBD.
- Some people struggle with the earthy taste of CBD oil, although this can be overcome by brushing your teeth beforehand or drinking a glass of water after.
- Those wishing to be discreet about their CBD intake when out in public may not find this method suitable.
How to take CBD oil
CBD oil is simple to take and helps to support your overall health and well-being. Just place the desired amount under the tongue and hold there for 1-2 minutes before swallowing.
Another common way to take CBD is to ingest it orally in the form of a capsule. Capsules are probably the easiest way to add CBD to your life as a daily supplement. Although, when you ingest CBD, it passes through the digestive system first and is metabolised by the liver, meaning it takes longer for the beneficial effects of CBD to noticed.
- CBD capsules are a comfortable and easy way to take CBD – they are tasteless, portable, discreet and easy to dose.
- If you struggle with the unique, earthy taste of CBD oil then capsules are a great option for you.
- The CBD dose is pre-measured, making capsules a convenient and easy-to-dose option.
- Although the effects tend to occur later, they also last longer. So, this solution works best for people who need a consistent dose of CBD throughout the day.
- The bioavailability of CBD is reduced when consumed orally as it goes through a process known as “first pass metabolism” – it first passes through your digestive system before circulating throughout the liver.
- CBD capsules are also, generally, a less cost effective option than CBD oil.
How to take CBD capsules
Taking CBD capsules couldn’t be easier – Just swallow with a glass of water. Suggested use: 1-2 capsules taken 1-3 times a day.
CBD can also be ingested in the form of gummy bears, chocolates, cakes and even CBD beverages. CBD edibles are ideal for all the family and they taste great. They are a perfect choice for anyone that struggles with the taste of CBD oil
- Edibles are a tasty, discreet and convenient way to take CBD.
- They contain a pre-measured dose which takes any guesswork out of CBD dosing.
- While it takes longer for CBD edibles to take effect (between 30 minutes to two hours), the effects last longer than methods like vaping. In fact, CBD edibles can last between two and four hours longer than inhaled CBD.
- As we have mentioned previously, CBD ingested orally has a lower absorption rate than other methods, so it can take longer to notice the benefits of CBD.
- CBD edibles are often a less cost effective way to consume CBD.
How to take CBD edibles
The amount you consume will depend on the type and strength of edibles you choose. For example our CBD chocolate balls contain 10mg of CBD per 25 grams, while our CBD- infused gummy bears contain 10mg of CBD each.